Monday, September 28, 2009

A splash of color

Well, right now i am in bed feeling terrible and coming down with what seems to be the cold. And on top of that, its Monday! I went to school this morning and was only able to make it through three periods before i gave in and checked out. Isn't that just lovely?
What is it about Mondays? I really do dread them! It makes getting through school all the more painful knowing that it is only day one of five. Plus, once I finally do get to the weekend, i never seem to have enough time to accomplish all the things i set out to do. Ahh, to be young and in school...
On a lighter note, i was very pleased to see that at least a few people read my post and I even got some positive feedback! So, thanks so much for reading, it is really an encourager and i hope you continue to do so!
Also, there seems to be a cold front in my future according to the weatherman, which you can never hold accountable, but i am taking this information and running with it! He said it should be here mid week and we will be reaching temperatures in the mid 60's in the morning and upper 70's in the afternoon. This may seem warm to you, but believe me, 70 degrees is way better than 90!

So, this is what i wore yesterday to church and lunch. When i got home, i was feeling inspired so i decided to go take some fun pictures!




Cardi- Wal-Mart ($8)Pencil

Skirt- Target from Goodwill ($3.99!)

Belt- who knows?!

Shoes- Ross ($10.99)

Necklace- Charlotte ($8)

(the top is just a black leotard)
So i got these fabulous mustard colored shoes the other day at Ross for only $10.99! Lately Ive been trying to broaden my shoe collection because as of right now most of it contains flip flops, flats, black heels, and white strappy wedges. I don't know why, but whenever i go shoe shopping I'm automatically attracted to the neutral colored heels (mostly black)! I think its just because i know that i can pair it with so many other things, but I really want to branch out and start getting various different colors. Something Ive learned by reading these blogs is that not every thing has to match! I thought this outfit represents me branching out from matchy matchy outfits, although i would have preferred some yellow jewelry to bring it all together a little better, it thought it came together nicely.

Last night my friend Brittany and I decided to go to the outside mall on the beach to shop and watch a movie. Thanks to our awesome planning, we were only allotted an hour to shop, as the stores close at six on Sundays. After, we went to the beach to take a few pictures and from there to watch 'Love Happens' which, in my opinion, was NOT worth my $9.50!

Here's Brittany posing in front of a gorgeous Florida sunset last night. I think its funny that in Florida were still dressing in tank tops, skirts, and flip flops while in other states they are all bundled up in snow gear! Brittany is wearing an American Eagle Outfitters top that is currently on sale for $9 and a denim skirt from Target that she stole from me!

So what is the weather like where your at right now? Are you loving it or hating it?

-Kaydee

13 comments:

  1. Those shoes are so fantastic! Purple & yellow is one of my absolutely fave color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaydee thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. You are adorable:) I'll have to show your blog to my daughters because they seem to think it is impossible to find anything other than jeans, camis and flip flops within their budget. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so jealous every time i hear someone say ross as we don't have that here! i'm in boston and it's lovely during the day still (65-70) but getting cold and jackets will be imperative soon! augh. love the purple cardigan with the black sheath-look ensemble. hooray! thanks for the follow- back at ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...your outfit is so cheap and chic! Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool pics.in berlin is now a cold weather but the sun is shining. i like the collage

    i add you to my blogroll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I think that, perhaps, Monday's should be banned - they are such a dreadful thing to wake up to each week. I hope that you're feeling better - I'm currently battling the flu, so I know how you feel. At least you look fabulous, though - the color of that cardi is divine! And at the moment I am completely loathing the weather where I am - it was over 100* all weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad I found your blog! its always nice to find a fellow fashionista. thanks for your lovely comment over on my blog! your awesome. and this outfit is so classic. The black with the pop of purple color is to die for. Looks really pretty on you! and I know what you mean about the weather! yikes, we just moved from San Francisco to Tucson and its so hot here. 104 yesterday! ahh... and all of our friends back home are bundled up while I'm still in summer attire. so strange!

    xoxo

    http://thediscerningfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so radiant! Sorry the weather hasn't turned cool yet in Fla. I have mixed feelings about the cooler weather here. Some days I love it and other days all I can think about is the beach!

    Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing as I'm in Florida, it's hot hot hot! Love that look. The purple is fabulous on you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mondays are definitely the worst. Cute cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i glad to read more of you. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete